Sunday, August 20, 2017

HAWT DIY Aug 2017 Data Collection 1

This is finally showing a real set of believable repeatable data, this is very gratifying.
This has been many years in the making and is simply typical of my relentless Hammer and Tong approach to Making and discovery.

My latest method of data collecting is by using my video camera. 
Since reading all three numbers simultaneously is so difficult I realized that all I needed to do is video the gauges and step thru them reading the values and inputting them into XLS

Of course a direct upload into a graphing software would be the real answer however the complete set up and remote connection is a huge project.

 

The 1st set of points I took with the V2a code below



The results (especially the steps) were perplexing for a moment but then I realized that these steps were actually the relay on - off points
The 1st step at 13v and the 2nd at 18v

Then I decided that I didn't like the particular relay steps in V2a so I made a change to the numbers below






In V2b I have all of the relays on at 6.5v and only turn them off at the rated voltage for each of the bulbs

The data collection results show a different step point


Of course we are only seeing a very small range because the wind speed was in a really small range

What we are seeing is the switching off of the 1st relay at 13v resulting in a swift rise in voltage and a dramatic drop in Amperage

No comments:

Post a Comment