Friday, August 19, 2016

HAWT DIY Aug 2016 Data Collection

Made all the upgrades to the drive couple and have made some new runs.

The beautiful new couple.
Not visible is the spacer that takes the axial load from the spring part of the couple and transfers it to the end only.

Now that I don't trust the RPM meter I did some bench testing to get numbers to compare to the field tests.
Set up in the order that I write them down I have the meters.

I went with the INSPEED VORTEX "POLE MOUNT" ANEMOMETER a dramatic improvement over struggling with the lacrosse weather station.

So now the RPM meter is the weak link, it is so erratic that I can't use it. At home the bench tests are perfect but in the field it is terrible .


I'm not sure what to do about it.






The TSR is pretty steady at 5.2 so I'm happy with that.
And it looks like I can get to 13V @ 7MPH





No comments:

Post a Comment