Sunday, July 3, 2016

HAWT DIY Summer 2016 Test Run

Finally got the system into the water.

Fully tested the Hall effect tachometer and the volt meter connections and all are working fine.

For the wind speed I am using an anemometer from a remote weather system. I have it attached to the tower below the blade; not the best location but for now ,OK.

Maybe I will try and attach it to the housing nose cone but that will throw off the wind direction readings (I don't really need that data.)

Went thru a complete final check of all the fasteners before closing it up for the last time.
Had to create a tool box dedicated to the project.
Created several jumpers for quick connection to the various instruments.
While standing in 2' of water, you need to pay close attention to every move you make and so the on-shore preparations are important.

I have an analog volt meter but it goes only to 30vdc.

Then I have the Tach revised to work out side in brilliant sunlight. A word to the wise, red LED CANNOT be seen in daylight!! I was lucky to have built it into an oversize box and so actually dropped it down into the shadow of the opening and it is fine.

Soon, very soon I will have an assistant aid in the data collection and we will have some numbers regarding the blade design and overall efficiency.






No comments:

Post a Comment